Safety is at the top of every parent’s mind. We always want to do everything we can to keep our little ones safe, but sometimes, we don’t know where to start. There is so much to consider. Car seat safety, babyproofing, safe sleep, and more! Luckily, we have Sarah Haverstick, a baby and child safety guru, answering all of our questions. She’s sharing what every parent needs to know about baby safety.
Who is Sarah Haverstick?
Sarah Haverstick is a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician Instructor, the Safety Advocate for Evenflo, and an instructor in the safe transportation of children with special healthcare needs. She is a former chair of the National Child Passenger Safety Board and current vice chair of the Manufacturers Alliance for Child Passenger Safety. In 2021, she was inducted into the Child Passenger Safety Hall of Fame, so she is a big deal in the baby safety world! Sarah has been educating kids and adults on child passenger safety topics for 15 years.
She is a mom to two awesome kiddos (a 3-year-old and a 10-year-old) – and a few fur babies (four cats and two dogs). Rounding out her family is a husband who might not love all the car seats that live in the garage!
What Did We Discuss?
In this episode, we chat with Sarah about all things baby safety! We discuss best practices and life-saving tips for parents while in the car and at home with their little ones. Here are several of the questions that we covered in our conversation:
- What important safety concerns are often unknown or overlooked?
- Babyproofing your home can feel overwhelming as a new parent. How do you recommend parents make their home a safe space for baby?
- Sleep safety is also critical. What are your top safety tips for safe sleep?
- What are the most important things parents need to know about safe transportation for babies in the car?
- What steps can parents take to make sure their children are safe in the car each time they buckle them in?
- What do you recommend parents look for when shopping for safe baby products like cribs, car seats, strollers, toys, and other baby products?
- How can parents stay updated on the latest safety recommendations and guidelines?
- Do you have any personal stories related to baby safety that could help shed light on its importance?
- What is your number one baby safety tip?
We covered so many great safety topics in this episode! Sarah is a pro, and we are so honored to have had her as a guest on our show. We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. Cheers to keeping our babies safe!