Spotify | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | TuneIn | Audible
Feeding your new baby can come with its challenges. You may think that breastfeeding your newborn will come naturally, and for some, it does. However, for many others, it isn’t so simple. Breastfeeding is a skill that both mother and baby must practice and learn together. Then, once they have figured out their feeding rhythm, it’s time to introduce a bottle, and mothers are left unsure how to do it properly so as not to halt their breastfeeding journey. They wonder how they can successfully combine breastfeeding and bottle-feeding to experience both benefits because moms deserve to feed their babies the way that works best for them. Today’s guest is sharing all the tips on how to introduce a bottle to baby, how to combine breastfeeding and bottle-feeding, and all the details parents need to know about Emulait and their baby bottle.
Who is Madison Blampied?
Today’s guest is Madison Blampied. Madi is Vice President of Business Development and Strategic Relations at Emulait. With a keen eye for identifying growth opportunities and fostering strategic partnerships, Madi has learned to balance the demands of a high-powered career with the joys of motherhood. She found Emulait when her 2-year-old was only six weeks old and knew she needed to be a part of this revolutionary product. Now, as she eagerly anticipates the arrival of her second child, her outlook on bottles has shifted since her first pregnancy before Emulait existed. She is passionate about empowering women and giving them the tools to choose the outcome of their feeding journey!
What is Emulait?
In 2023, Emulait developed the world’s first biomimetic baby bottle, designed to emulate the experience of breastfeeding. Emulait offers empathy backed by science and thoughtful design to support families with a smooth transition between breast and bottle. Through their products and services, they empower parents to give their babies the best possible feeding experience. Their mission is to support all families in providing their babies with the best possible feeding experience. We love that!
Disrupting the Baby Bottle Industry
Their founder, Shilo Ben Zeev, was inspired to shake up the baby bottle industry after seeing how challenging their family’s feeding journey was. With a background in MedTech, he knew the potential of advanced technology and materials to impact health and well-being. As with most innovations, Emulait was born into a gap – the gap between breast and bottle. Together with the best and brightest in design, infant feeding, and maternal health, they set out to create the world’s first-of-its-kind biomimetic baby bottle.
What Did We Discuss?
In this episode, we chat with Madi about combining breastfeeding and bottle-feeding. We want to help parents feel confident in their feeding journey and support them by answering common questions while providing some helpful tips and tricks we have learned from our hands-on experiences as moms and professionals in the baby space. Here are several of the questions that we covered in our conversation:
- Can you talk about some of the different ways mothers feed their babies and how bottles play a role in these journeys?
- What should parents consider when looking for a bottle for a breastfed baby?
- What makes Emulait’s bottle unique? Can you elaborate on the development and science behind this unique product?
- What tips do you have for introducing a bottle to a baby?
- What are the biggest challenges you see parents facing when transitioning from breastfeeding to bottle feeding? How can they be overcome?
- You said your outlook on bottles has shifted since your first pregnancy. Can you tell us more about your experience?
- What are your top bottle-feeding tips and tricks?
- Support is so important regardless of how you choose to feed your baby. Please tell our listeners more about how Emulait supports all parents on their feeding journeys.
- What is one piece of advice you would like to give parents about to embark on their feeding journey?
Between the laughter and helpful tips, this was one of my favorite episodes! We covered a lot with Madi about the Emulait brand and how to help families with their baby-feeding journeys. We sincerely hope you enjoyed the episode as much as we did. Be sure to check out Emulait’s bottles and products, and stay tuned for all of the amazing new things they are launching (as Madi mentioned) this year! Cheers to a stress-free baby-feeding journey!
Mentioned in the Episode
Watch the episode on our YouTube channel below!
We hope you found this episode helpful. If you did and enjoyed it, please subscribe to our podcast, Chick Chat, and leave us an honest review. Links below!